Welcome to the Wellington theme documentation. These instructions briefly explain how to setup and configure all theme features.
Table of Contents
- Theme Installation
- Configure Theme Options
- Set up WordPress core features
- Set up Post Slideshow
- Configure Magazine Homepage template
- Setup and Configure Pro Version Features
- Theme Specifications
Since it is the same procedure for every theme, this tutorial does not explain how to install the theme. If you need help with the theme installation, please see the Install WordPress themes tutorial.
Install PRO Version Plugin
Please be aware that the PRO Version of Wellington is an Add-on plugin for the Wellington theme. Therefore you have to install and activate the Wellington theme and install the Wellington Pro plugin in addition. You can learn how to install Plugins on the Install WordPress plugins tutorial.
Configure Theme Options
Wellington supports the awesome Theme Customizer. You can configure all theme settings on Appearance → Customize → Theme Options.
The Theme Options panel in the Customizer includes following sections:
- General Settings
- Header Spacing (only with PRO version)
- Post Settings
- Post Slider
- Theme Colors (only with PRO version)
- Theme Fonts (only with PRO version)
- Footer Settings (only with PRO version)
Set up WordPress Features
The theme supports several WordPress core features you know:
- Custom Menus (Theme Navigation)
- Widget Areas
- Custom Header Image
- Custom Backgrounds
- Featured Images
- Page Templates
- Custom Logo
Set up Post Slideshow
If you’d like to display the post slideshow on your homepage like the demo website, please see our extra Post Slider tutorial:
Configure Magazine Homepage template
If you’d like to have a home page with the magazine-style layout like the demo website, please see our extra Magazine Homepage tutorial:
Setup and Configure Pro Version Features
The Pro Version of Wellington is an add-on plugin which you can purchase on the Wellington Pro page.
Install PRO Version Plugin
Custom Colors and Custom Fonts
You can customize the theme colors and fonts on Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Theme Colors / Theme Fonts.
Wellington Pro adds a widgetized footer area. You can add your footer widgets on Appearance → Widgets.
Hide Credit Link
You can disable the credit link to themezee.com on Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Footer Settings.
- The main content column width is
- The Featured Images used on the Post Slideshow are
- The Featured Images used on archives and single posts are
- The Featured Images on the Magazine Posts Widgets are
- The Custom Header image will display at a maximum width of
1280and a flexible height (default height =
All measurements in pixels.
Thank you so much for using the Wellington WordPress theme.